Saturday, May 2, 2009

Travel Day(s)

We arrived in Taipei after a very long couple of flights - Atlanta to San Francisco (which was delayed and caused us stress) and then San Fran to Taipei. We were on airplanes for about 18 hours - needless to say, our butts are sore. China Airlines has really friendly staff and most of them speak English pretty well, though the girl who brought our breakfast had a pretty thick Chinese accent and I had no idea what she was saying to me - so I ended up with rice porrage for breakfast. Jeremy was smarter and got the scrambled eggs.

I thought it was worth mentioning that 12 of the 13 hours from San Fran to Tapei were in the dark, since we were basically flying away from the sun the whole time. That was weird.

Jeremy has asked me to tell you that he watched Frost/Nixon and Dean Spanley on the flights. I watched part of Frost/Nixon and then fell into a very deep sleep (there was drool involved on at least two occassions).

We just had a second breakfast at the airport - I had a ham and cheese croissant and a mocha, and Jeremy had the "chicken rice" which was actually a piece of chicken and some rice. Both were tasty.

Next stop: Bangkok!

1 comment:

Russell said...

My butt hurts thinking about sitting on an jet for that long. Post photos!