Friday, September 17, 2010

Mama Bird

For the last few weeks, I've been "nesting". Like a mama bird preparing a comfortable and safe nest for her chicks, I've been preparing as much as possible for our little baby. Most recently, I put together her high chair, which I really love! It's such a nice one! We got the Graco Cozy Dinette from Devon, her Mama Marlene, and her sister Erin. It was easy to put together (thankfully, as complicated instructions are tough on my pregnant nerves), and seems like it will be easy to adjust as she grows. Here's a picture of her dolly taking the high chair for a test drive:



When I was about half-way through assembling it, I realized it will probably be quite a while before we actually need to use it, but I kept going anyway. Luckily it folds up nicely so it's not in our way at all.

I've also been shopping for some of the little things that she'll need as a newborn, and I bought the most impossibly tiny socks! I've never seen such cute socks, white and fluffy and waiting for some tiny little baby feet to fill them.

I ordered a BabyKicks diaper and some BabyKicks wipes to try. We were planning on using the bumGenius 4.0 diapers exclusively, but after some research, decided to try a few different brands and see what works for us before we buy in bulk. I really hope we like cloth diapering, because it'll save us a lot of money in the long run! I've also read that if you cloth diaper, you may as well use cloth wipes too, so I'm going to give that a try. If we're going to do laundry every other day as it is, I don't see why it would be any different to add the wipes to the load too!

So, what's on tap for this weekend? We have childbirth class at the hospital from 9am - 5pm tomorrow, the Auburn/Clemson game tomorrow night, and then I'll probably find myself nesting again on Sunday... doing a load of baby laundry and loving it.

1 comment:

nonna said...

Allison and Jeremy, This is sooooo exciting I can hardly stand it!!! I'm predicting another october birthday to celebrate, so be prepared! Jeremy was anxious to see the world! I love that little baby doll. She looks so cute in the high chair!