Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Months Old!

Miss Natalie had her 2-month checkup today and weighed in at 10 lbs 10 oz. and measured 23.5 inches. She also had to get two shots (vaccinations) in her legs and she's not a very happy camper about that. It makes me so sad to see her in pain and hear her shrieks of distress. She is asleep on my chest right now, peaceful for the moment.

We also had our enrollment meeting at her daycare, FIO 360. I held it together until we went into the classroom and then the tears started flowing and there was no holding them back. Something about seeing the cribs lined up against the walls and hearing a couple of little babies crying just put me over the edge. Also, Natalie will be the tiniest one in her class and that made me a little sad too. There's really nowhere for the little ones to lay except in a crib or a bouncy seat, so I'll be happy when she can sit up by herself so she has more options. The daycare is really as nice as they come and I know she'll have good learning opportunities there; it's just incredibly hard to imagine leaving my little girl with strangers every weekday. Hopefully we'll get to know the teachers and soon enough they won't feel like strangers at all.

I didn't get Natalie's 2 month picture today, so I'll take one as soon as possible and post it!

1 comment:

Nonna said...

When do you plan to go back to work? It will be very hard for you to leave her. Much harder for you than for Natalie. I had to push many a mom out the door on the first day of school! I hope you feel some comfort in her surroundings. Know that the people there will not be strangers for long, and that you, Jeremy and Natalie will soon have extended your family significantly!