Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seven Months and Counting (oops!)

I realized last night that I've been counting the weeks-to-months incorrectly, and I'm actually in the seventh month, not just the sixth! Wow!! So I just advanced a month in my pregnancy, at least in my mind. I think seven months seems more appropriate, considering the size of my belly. This thing is a monster!!



I laugh and laugh and laugh every time I look at the first pregnancy picture I took, at almost 15 weeks. Look at the extreme difference between then and now!



Now for the 29-week update from BabyCenter:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments: