Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doctor's Visit

My doctor's visit went well today. I was weighed (I'm up 6 lbs - I was right!), we listened to the baby's heartbeat, she felt my uterus (it's up to my belly button now!), and I got to ask all my pressing questions about my recent aches and pains. She said the hip pain is normal, and that some women get it so bad that they have to go to physical therapy. I certainly hope mine doesn't get that bad.

When she listened to the heart beat, she made her gender prediction... for a girl! She said she was just going by the old wives' tale that a baby girl's heart rate is consistently higher than 140. Our baby's is always in the 150s or 160s. We will find out for sure next Thursday!

3 comments:

Nona said...

Can't wait for the final prediction! FYI...30 pounds sounds like a lot! I only gained 12 pounds with Jeremy and Justin! They were both a month early! Maybe you'll get lucky! Another october birthday?

Unknown said...

I think the doc is right. Girl.

Dad

Allison said...

I've read that research shows that weight gain of 25-35 lbs results in more full-term pregnancies, so that's why doctors recommend that amount of weight gain these days.