Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Maternity Clothes

I am getting dangerously* close to fitting into my maternity jeans! Devon was kind enough to lend me a huge heap of her maternity clothes, which were practically falling off of my hips at that time (about 2 months ago). I tried them on tonight and they were just barely too big! I think in another week or two, I will have grown out of my "belly band" and into my official maternity clothes. The funny thing is, I now have more pairs of maternity jeans than I have regular jeans!

My doctor should be happy to see my belly at next week's appointment. Last time I saw her, she questioned if I was eating enough and said she wanted to see me gain more weight. I had only gained two pounds at that time; I think now I have probably gained five or six. She wants me to gain 30 pounds in total, which quite honestly scares me to death! When Jeremy and I went to Jamaica, I carried a backpack as my luggage, and it weighed at most 25 pounds. It was exhausting carrying that extra 25 pounds around!! My legs felt numb just walking short distances while wearing the backpack. I can't imagine having that weight sitting mostly on my front-side.

* The word "dangerously" was, of course, used only for dramatic purposes ;-)

No comments: