Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

I'm blog posting with a very big smile today... our baby's nursery is finished!! Hooray! Devon helped us pick up the glider yesterday and it fits beautifully in the corner where we wanted it to go, actually fitting even better than we thought it would. The color is perfect, it's incredibly comfortable, and we just love everything about it. We will spend many hours in that chair - feeding, soothing, reading, and rocking our little one to sleep. So many happy memories will be made there!

I'm also very pleased with the shelf we hung on the wall, although it came with sub par hardware that made it not-so-easy to hang, and there are now eight pretty sizable holes in the wall from it! But Jeremy did a good job as my handyman and the shelf looks great (and it covers up the extra holes).

I love it that some of the items in the room were picked out totally separately from each other (and by different people!), but complement each other so well. Jeremy and I chose the colors for the tree on the wall, and they happen to match *perfectly* with the pink and green in the baby invitation shower Emily picked out (which is framed and hanging on the wall), and they also match with the colors in the bird house that Jeanne brought us! Also, I had a painting of a monkey that I wanted to hang in the room, and then Joanne made us a blanket and pillow in a fleece fabric that had a monkey on it, and Cheryl gave us a sock monkey! Clearly it doesn't take much to make me happy right now, but this really does :-).

Enough of my babbling... here are some pictures of the much anticipated baby room:





3 comments:

nonna said...

WOW...It looks beautiful! I see monkeys in my future!!

Emily H said...

So, so beautiful!! I love all the cute little details and how well everything compliments each other. I also love how everything is pulled together without having a "theme"...sometimes too much of one thing is overkill and becomes too cluttered. This room is very tasteful and will be a relaxing retreat for a little one to learn in and thrive in. The only addition needed now is a sweet baby girl!

Ryan W said...

gee i wonder where you got the idea for the tree